Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crustless Vegetable Quiche

I believe the first time I made quiche for Rohan there was something said about how "real men don't eat quiche...", but I've heard nothing of the sort since, except in jest. This crustless "quiche" (or, my version of an egg, cheese, and vegetable pie) was the result of "clean out the fridge" day, and was very tasty.

 Two red capsicum were roasted on the stove:


Six cloves of garlic, and one onion were sautéed until soft. 
Baby spinach was added and cooked until wilted but still bright green.

Meanwhile, in a bowl I combined ten eggs, 
1/4 cup cream cheese. 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup jalapeño Havarti, 
and 1/2 cup grated dill Gouda. 

I poured part of the egg and cheese mixture into a well greased baking dish, then layered the spinach mixture, the roasted red capsicum (chopped), fresh red onion, fresh green capsicum, and chopped green onions, pouring the egg and cheese mixture between layers of vegetables. 
It was topped with grated Parmesan, and baked until golden at 375F for about 35-45 minutes.  

roasted red pepper and vegetable quiche

No comments:

Post a Comment